With summer here we will be spending more time outdoors with our little ones enjoying the (hopefully) sunny weather. Buy Wise Be Safe (BWBS) recognises the importance of outdoor activity and on 31st July is launching a week long summer safety campaign to encourage parents and carers to take a few simple steps that can help keep their children safe.
We will be offering advice on:
- Sun safety, including choosing the right sunscreen and how to avoid sunburn;
- Outdoor equipment, from trampolines and swings to scooters and trikes;
- Water safety both at the beach and inland;
- BBQs, Fire Pits etc and how to avoid burns; and finally
- Staying safe in the garden.
Stuart Radnedge, spokesman for Buy Wise Be Safe, said: “Summer can be a fantastic time to enjoy a variety of outdoor activities. However it is important that we remain mindful of the risks for injury or illness that may be present. Following our top safety tips can help ensure your little one’s adventures are safe and enjoyable this summer!”
Advice will be offered via the website – www.buywisebesafe.org.uk and also keep an eye on our Facebook page: www.facebook.com/buywisebesafe and Twitter feed www.twitter.com/buywisebesafe for regular updates.