Fancy dress costume warning

A TV presenter’s daughter was badly injured when a fancy dress costume she was wearing caught alight. Claudia Winkleman from the Strictly Come Dancing show described how her daughter’s fancy dress caught alight on a candle as she brushed passed it. “She went up, is the only way I know how to describe it. It was not like fire I had seen before.” said Claudia. “Her tights had melted into her skin.”

The costume should have been properly fire retarded in accordance to EN71-2. Parents are advised to check the labelling and CE markings.

See the full story as reported on the BBC Watchdog program.

Click here to see full article.