Do you have one of these Mamas & Papas car seats that are listed below?
If you do, STOP using it now as there has been an urgent recall on five different models that have all been sold in Argos shops around the UK.
- Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1 Black (Argos catalogue number 297/7526)
- Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1 Grey (Argos catalogue number 411/9100)
- Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1-2-3 Black (Argos catalogue number 305/6037)
- Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 1, 2, 3 Grey (Argos catalogue number397/9530
- Mamas & Papas Mercury Group 2-3 Black and Grey (Argos catalogue number 245/4829)
The reason why these products have urgently been recalled is due to them having a potential safety issues. When involved in a car accident, the car seat shell may crack and may not be able to provide the protection it is supposed to.
If you have one of these products listed above, you need to take the following step – Stop using it immediately and return it to your local Argos store.
The company has already stated it will be issuing full refunds – even if you don’t have the receipt anymore. The condition of the seat is not an issue either, nor is the fact that you may have missing parts.
If you are unsure about anything related to this recall of Mamas & Papas car seats that are listed above, contact Argos Customer Service Team on: UK 0345 600 5388 or ROI 1800535091.
Some of these seats were sold exclusively in Argos, but more information from other retailers may follow. Buy Wise Be Safe will keep you updated with the latest news as it happens.